If you are just STARTING the DIET, go back to Day 1.
It’s your fourth day! Whoo hoo!
Get ready for a bump in your Food Choices with added flavors, and learn about Round exercises, also known as Roundercises. All this so you can turn your body into a fat-burning, toned, shapely body that fits into smaller jeans.
By now you likely noticed that you are eating 3 small meals and 3 small snacks every day, rather than 3 old-fashioned, calorie-laden, heaping-helping squares a day. I imagine you recognize that you’re eating less food that may also be different food from what you were eating just a few days ago. You can see clearly see that eating healthy means eating real foods that Mother Nature grew in a Round shape.
At this point in the diet, you might even have a little voice in your head urging you to eat your usual comfort food. These voices will do their best to lure you back to their comfort zone, but you won’t let them.
This is where I will call upon you to be strong! Go ahead and say, “I am strong, my butt is getting smaller, I can stick with it.”
Choose from these flavorful Meal Choices
A hearty and comforting breakfast
Breakfast: Choose one and be creative with spices
- 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/4 banana mashed during cooking or sliced as a topper and a sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup any berries with 3 ounces plain low fat yogurt and a sprinkle of shopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 poached or boiled eggs with 2 slices tomato and 1/4 avocado
- 3 whites only egg omelet with 1 ounce lean ham, a sprinkle of scallions and chopped fresh basil
- 2 ounces tofu with 1/2 cup snow peas and 1/2 cup cooked bok choy
- 1 slice whole grain toast with 1/4 avocado, 1/2 teaspoon chopped red onions, and a squeeze of lemon or lime and a dash of salt
Lunch: Choose one
Eat as much lettuce, spinach, greens, celery, chives, and sprouts as you want. Add more fresh herbs that you hopefully bought in the organic section or your local Farmer’s Market), and you can add up to 1 teaspoon of any light dressing. Also cut salad greens or cabbages into strips to make them easier and more interesting to plate into a fancy design for your aesthetic pleasure.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Shredded red cabbage, Napa cabbage, radicchio, iceberg lettuce, topped with cooked salmon or chicken — all that you can make ahead of time, store in containers and mix up for lunch during the week.
- Spinach salad with 1/4 avocado, 1/2 red pepper and 1/2 tomato, one crumbled hard boiled egg and a sprinkle of 1 teaspoon of chopped walnuts
- Any kind of lettuce salad with 3 ounces boiled or broiled chicken with chopped celery, 1/4 cucumber, 1/2 shot glass sliced almonds, thinly sliced radishes, chopped mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, and a topper of 1/2 teaspoon of sunflower seeds.
- Dark mixed lettuce salad (like Spring mix) with 1 sliced hard boiled eggs, 1/4 red pepper, 1/4 sliced cucumber, 6 cherry tomatoes, 1/4 avocado and chopped fresh cilantro and basil.
Dinner: Choose a protein, your first side dish and your second side dish. As you cook and eat these food choices, notice their Round shape and take some time to plate your meals in a fun and playful way.
Choose your protein (3 ounces broiled, braised, baked, grilled or poached):
- Lean beef
- Fish: Halibut, flounder, salmon, sole, swordfish, tuna, trout, clams or shrimp
- Cornish hen
- Lean pork
- Turkey breast or skinless turkey leg
Choose your first side dish (steamed, roasted or boiled):
- 1/2 cup asparagus
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup eggplant
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 8 asparagus spears
- 1 artichoke
- 1/2 onion
- 1 artichoke
- 1/4 cup corn or peas
Choose your second side dish:
- 1/3 cup brown rice cooked in fat-free chicken, beef or vegetable broth
- 1 whole wheat tortilla, steamed or as is
- 1/2 sweet potato, cut into bite-size chunks and baked at 400 for 20 minutes
If you need more chewing time: Add a cup of any leafy greens on your plate. For instance, use the greens as a bed to layer your meal choice on, which is also a great way to make your plate attractive and Iron Chef and Top Chef-like. You can also chew slower, which is a good idea anyway since it takes your brain 20 minutes to know you ate and are no longer hungry. You can also chew sugarless gum.
Snacks: Choose one item per snack (3 snacks per day between meals)
- 1 apple or banana or peach or orange
- 1/3 cup blueberries or 1/3 mango or ¼ cantaloupe or 1/3 cup berries or 15 grapes
- 12 almonds or 6 walnuts or 8 olives or 1 hard-boiled egg
- Handful of mixed vegetables, like celery, carrots, cauliflower, bell peppers, green beans, cucumbers, or mushrooms.
Pairing Round Foods with Extra Round Herbs & Spices
Use these herbs and spices to add flavor to your meals.
See my daughter’s video, Day 4 of the Round Diet, and see her cook little potato circle sandwiches. It’s good to see her cooking on her own, and really helps with missing her being in my nest — my emtpy nest.
Dieting on a Sunday
Here’s an example of Dieting on a Sunday, or a Monday or any day of the week. Notice that eating is just a part of the Round Diet, it also involves relaxing, getting rest, laughing, using the power of visualization, Roundercising and changing how you look at what is food and what is not. Anyone can eat healthier once they know Mother Nature’s Round Code and how to pick healthy foods by their Round shape.
How’s your Diary writing going?
Example Round Diet Diary
If you are keeping a diary, take a trip back to the beginning and read it through. You may not notice anything yet, but soon you can easily detect patterns in your eating.
For instance, you might notice that you eat well in the morning, but come 3 o’clock and you get the urge to chow down. Knowing this information can help you understand so you can become aware of your patterns, which is the first step to changing them.
Consider it a small hurdle that you can jump over so you can fit into those small jeans you bought but cannot slip into above your knees.
If you still need to take a snapshot of your “before” self, now would be a good time to do so. You will then be one step closer to comparing your before photo with your after photo. You will be glad you have the before picture.
What is a Balanced Roundercise Routine?
A balanced Roundercise routine is a blend of Sweaty, Shaping, Stretching, Spiritual, Sleeping exercises, and a weekly day of rest.
A balanced Roundercising day might consist of a 10-minute Stretching warm-up, a 30-minute Sweaty morning walk, a 20-minute Shaping set of lunges and squats, a 25-minute Spiritual bubble bath, along with 8-hours of sound Sleeping. Or take a yoga class and get a balance of each of the five types of SSSSSexy Roundercises.
Work your body
If you want to speed up the Rounding down process, you need to exercise. Try going to a gym, climbing stairs, following an exercise video, or pumping your muscles in the old fashioned, tried and true calisthenics so that you have some resistance training in your balanced Roundercise routine.
Here’s a Roundercise routine that you can follow for the next 7 days. The idea is for you to get in the habit of being more active, along with finding exercise that work for you — that you enjoy!
The strategy behind Roundercising is a mixture of my outdoor tree-climbing, mountain-hiking, roller-skating and bodybuilding lifestyle. I discovered five types of Roundercises that either move your body in a circular motion, use Round shapes such as balls or wheels, increase healthy circulation inside your body, balance your body with your mind, relax your whole being, or Round out your muscles to create a curvier, sexier, and more fit physique.
Consult with your doctor before Roundercising. Side affects may cause you to feel more energetic, along with enjoying less fat clinging to the inside of your body or jiggling on the outside of your body. You are likely to live longer, so be aware that you may need to plan your life and retirement accordingly.
- Eat a banana & drink up to 1/2 a cup of coffee 15 minutes before doing Sweaty or Shaping Roundercises.
- Hydrate yourself with water or a sports drink often while working out.
- Try different Roundercises until you find ones that work for you.
- Do exercises you enjoy and know that variety is the spice of any Roundercising life.
- Set realistic goals by taking small steps, rather than training like an Olympian and burning out or giving up before your body has a chance to surprise you and others with its new slim and shapely sexiness.
If you cannot get to a gym, try using a CD or DVD, like one of the many choices from Joanie Greggains, one of America’s favorite health and exercise personalities.
Check out Joanie’s Store.
Something I did back in my bodybuilding days when I was dieting for a show was to let the feeling of hunger motivate me. I’d walk around feeling the power I had over my body. I did not allow my mind or stomach to entice me into old habits and I always kept my eyes, both eyes, on the vision I saw of myself standing on stage being judged from head to toe.
It is time for you to feel the power everyone owns and can tap into so they can look and feel as good as Mother Nature designed us to be. So dig deep, you are on a roll. And, if you slip and eat the wrong food, that does not mean you ruined the entire day. Consider your next meal or snack a start over, and know that it is what you do most of the time, not some of the time that matters most. No guilt. Just move on.
- Check off last night’s homework: Make sure you did last night’s homework.
- Write in your diet diary: Continue writing in your diary.
- You can make your own Round Diet Diary with this Round Diet Diary food intake form that you print, copy, and put into the binder of your choice.
- If you choose to draw your visualizations, use a blank page and insert it into your diary.
- Visualize and affirm: Continue to see your fat cells and yourself as getting smaller every moment of every day.
- Make Roundercise plans: Before the day is over, decide when and how you will be Roundercising. Don’t be scare, be prepared!
- Call your diet buddy: If you have a diet buddy, call them now and see who calls who first.
Contact Diana (The Round Lady)
Have a comment, question or need advice? Go ahead and make a blog comment or email Diana at RoundDiet@yahoo.com. She will get back to you right away–in Round time.