The Round Diet in a Nutshell
STEP 1: Be Prepared
Before stepping into the world of Round dieting you will need:
STEP 2: Recognize Round Foods
These Shaped and Special Round foods are less healthy and should only be eaten on special occasions.
STEP 3: Choose your Round meals
Choose a breakfast from the Round Diet Diner menu below. Then do the same for lunch, dinner and 3 snacks a day. You can make choosing simpler by picking meals you would like to eat more than once this week. that way you can cook food ahead of time and store it for eating later in the week.
STEP 4: Choose Recipes
Once you pick your menus, choose how you want to cook them. Recipes are everywhere, and many are free, like these Freegan (free) recipes.
STEP 5: Make a shopping list
Make a shopping list that includes all the ingredients you’ll need for 1 to 3 days – 3 meals and 3 snacks for each day. Also use the chart below as a guide for the kinds of foods you can eat on any Round diet, whether you want to Round down, shape up or just be as healthy as you can be.
STEP 6: Go Round food shopping
With your list, go food shopping. Notice that the Round food is displayed around the edges of the. The center isles, also known as the creamy nougat of , are places to avoid, except to gather Round flavorings like spices, along with whole grains, nuts, olives, beans, and oils.
Buy, in bulk, all the ingredients for your favorite menu choices so you can make all your meals and snacks for the week. Once home with your Round Diet shopping haul, unpack your food and appreciate its natural beauty and Roundness. You can show off Round food, like apples and lemons, by putting them in bowls to brighten up your kitchen or dining room table.
STEP 7: Prepare Round food
Pick a Sunday or another day to cook as much as you can, then store meals and snacks in containers so you can eat them later or take them with you to eat out in the world. As a Round Dieter you will want to cook and prepare your own food using fresh Round ingredients, including Round flavors like herbs and spices.
Round Flavors to Try
- Hot sauce on eggs, beans, and any vegetables.
- Soy sauce on vegetables and any Animal Round foods.Salsa on an omelet, chicken, fish, beans or a salad.
- Lemon or lime juice freshly squeezed over fish, chicken, salads, and veggies.
- Plain yogurt mixed with blueberries or enjoy as a yogurt mixed with lemon juice, a drop of honey and a sprinkle of fresh mint leaves mixed in as a dip for strawberries, figs, apples or banana slices.
- Fresh herbs on veggies, meat, fish, beans, eggs and salads.
- Spices on anything like basil in dressings, cumin, cinnamon and curry on chicken or veggies.
Use Round cooking methods like these
STEP 8: Portion and Plate Round food
Round Ways to Measure Portions
STEP 9: Eat Round food
Be like the French, who are skinny, and sit down with family or friends to eat your food, and stop to appreciate the beauty and flavor of every bite you eat. Make sure you take at least 20 minutes to eat so that your brain has time to know that you are full and satisfied.
Take snacks with you no matter where you are, such as small 2 to 3 ounce containers of nuts in your purse or car, an apple in your backpack or in a bowl in your office – especially if you are away from home for more than 2 or 3 hours.
On Days you are Dining Out
Try some of these helpful tips to help you choose healthy, delicious, Round foods when dining out in the world. Remember to enjoy the taste and flavor of every morsel that passes your lips– and that guilt is not allowed!
STEP 10: Follow a Balanced Roundercise Routine
To lose weight and feel the joy of being strong, you must diet and exercise! yes — both! Know that if you are new to exercise that at first doing exercise can make you hungry, so start slowly and you will see yourself transform into a strong person, inside and out.
A balanced Roundercise routine is a blend of Sweaty, Shaping, Stretching, Spiritual, Sleeping exercises, and a weekly day of rest.
S is for Stretching Roundercises that make your body more limber, create healthier joints and prevent injuries.
S is for Sweaty Aerobic Roundercises that give you youthful endurance by strengthening your heart and lungs.
S is for Shaping Roundercises that add curves, strength & shape to your body, while also making your bones denser.
S is for Spiritual Roundercises that help you become a sensuous whole person with a balanced body and mind.
S is for Sleeping Roundercises that rest your body and mind, and help you feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
A balanced Roundercising day might consist of a 10-minute Stretching warm-up, a 30-minute Sweaty morning walk, a 20-minute Shaping set of lunges and squats, a 25-minute Spiritual bubble bath, along with 8-hours of sound Sleeping. Or take a yoga class and get a balance of them all.
As a Rounderciser, to really change the shape of your body, not just the size, follow a Roundercise routine like the one below for the next 7 days.
STEP 11: Visualize your smaller butt and happy self
Take time each day to imagine your fat cells shrinking and picture yourself looking and feeling strong, successful, lean and fit–and focus on your imagery throughout the day, especially when you find yourself turning to food for emotional reasons.
Shrink Your Fat Cells: Imagine your fat cells as over-filled balloons that you can shrink by letting out the air. Each day that you follow the Round Diet, you are letting air out of each fat cell in your body. Picture air seeping out of your fat cells as you exercise–inhale health and fitness, exhale unwanted fat. See your fat cells as helpless, weak, greedy creatures that you can easily control.
See Your Slim and Fit Self: Imagine how you will look and feel when you are the fit weight you want to be. Know exactly how you want to look and hold that picture in your mind–and think about it often. See yourself slipping into your smallest jeans and how you will feel wearing them out in the world. Let yourself feel fancy-free and able to handle anything in your beautiful lean body. Know you deserve it–you do!
Put photos of how you want to look, or how you used to look that you still covet, on your fridge and mirrors. Look at them often, think about them often, and know that you are steps away from being that person.
STEP 12: Affirm Yourself
Say affirmations every morning and every evening, and let them pass through your mind often throughout the day to impress these positive thoughts deep inside your brain so that you actually become all these things. You can make up your own or try the ones below.
STEP 13: Write in Your Round Diet Diary
To keep your own Round Diet Diary, follow these steps:
- Buy a small notebook that you can keep with you where ever you go.
- Write down exactly what you eat and drink. Make note of portion sizes.
- Jot down when and where you eat.
- Note who you ate with or if you ate alone.
- Use smiley or sad faces or other emoticons to show how you feel.
- Begin writing in your diary the day you start your Round Diet.
- Include any diet visualization notes and draw any images.
- Look at your diary often to look for patterns that might give you some insight on why and when you are triggered to overeat, eat the wrong food. or sabotage your diet in any way, along with what works and does not work.
- Use colored pencils, pens and other festive drawing and writing tools that you thought were just for kids.
STEP 14: Stop eating 3 hours before bedtime
Simply close your mouth and do not let any food in. If you are crazy hungry, take a moment to say affirming words to yourself, take a walk, drink some tea or a glass of water. This may take time to adjust to, but keeping food from passing your lips late at night will make all the difference. You can do it!
For instance, if you eat breakfast at 9am, your first snack at 11am, lunch at 1pm, middle snack at 3pm, dinner at 5pm, you would eat your last snack at 7pm, and be off to bed by 10pm.
STEP 15: Take Time to Relax
Relax with a Spiritual Roundercise, which provides you with focus, groundedness, clarity and centeredness over your life and body, resulting in a well-Rounded you.
Spiritual Roundercises include breathing practice, active mental training (like meditating and visualizing), massage, Mantram (the practice of repeatedly rolling over in the mind pleasant syllables, words or phrases that reduce negative thoughts), martial arts, posing,yoga when taken from a spiritual teacher, and relaxing in a sauna, steam, jacuzzi or candle-lit hot bubble bath.
STEP 16: Measure yourself
Weigh and measure yourself once a week, and try on your goal jeans every other week.
To do so, you will need:
- A too tight pair of goal jeans (or non-stretchy pants) to gauge your weight loss and for later to maintain your healthy new shapely body.
- A measuring tape to log baseline measurements for your hips, waist and any other troublesome body parts that only you worry about.
- A scale so you can weigh yourself to watch your pounds melt away.
STEP 17: Get 8 hours sleep
Sleeping, which is an integral Roundercise on the Round Wheel of Balance, gives your body time to repair itself and your mind time to organize all of the information that comes flooding into your brain everyday like this diet.
Sleeping Roundercises include listening to relaxation tapes, sleeping 8-hours a night, taking afternoon naps, dozing in a car, plane or train, sleeping late on weekends, catching up on sleep when changing time-zones, dreaming heavily, savasana at the end of yoga, sleeping extra when you are sick, along with lying in bed reading, waiting for your bed-mate or thinking about whatever makes you happiest.
STEP 18: Find a Diet Buddy
If you are dieting by yourself, consider finding a diet buddy for support so you don’t feel alone in your quest to be the slim and fit person you want to be. Often a diet buddy is right around the corner, like a friend, a co-worker, or a family member. So speak up!
If you are already dieting with a buddy, pick up the phone now and let them know how much you appreciate their support.
STEP 19: Fit laughter into your day
- Laughter relaxes your whole body: A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter boosts your immune system: Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies.
- Laughter helps release endorphins: These are he body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Laughter protects your heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against any heart problems.
STEP 20: Stand Beside the Round Diet No No’s
- Diet pills & appetite suppressants: Toss these anti-magic pills into the trash and never consider them again. They do not work long term and are bad for your vital organs.
- Food in a box: Never eat food that came in a box. It contains food-like substances that do not grow on a tree, vine, or in the ground and may not actually be food at all.
- White food: Do not eat white food, such as sour cream, flour and sugar, and most dairy with the exception of small amounts of Extra Round plain yogurt.
- Alcohol: Avoid adult beverages, except for a shot of Tequila (21 & over only) made from the Round Agave plant, a glass of red wine or a white wine spritzer — on special occasions.
- Mystery foods: If you do not know how a food was prepared, do not eat it.
- Eating fast: Never chow down in less than 20 minutes. It takes that long for your brain to tell your body that you ate and feel satiated.
- Negative voices: Know that you will succeed and do not listen to anybody who tells you otherwise–especially that little voice inside your own head — like the ones I have inside mine.
STEP 21: Enjoy your new Round eating and living habits
You can now live a more well-balanced life everyday. As your new Round habits take form over the requisite 28-days needed to instill a new habit, you will find it natural to see food by its Round shape and that will make it easier to visually see what is healthy and what is not. When you pass by all those square, boxy, bagged, or any other kind of processed foods, you will no longer be fooled that they are even food. So go about your day and concentrate on your goals in life — especially now that you can step out in the world in smaller jeans.
Wondering how this Round Diet and strange characters in this blog came about? If you said Yes to any of those, you might enjoy Round Beginnings.
You should not follow any diet without a blessing from your doctor. And please be aware that eating Round and doing Roundercising can have the side affect of making you sexier, slimmer and sexier, which can cause you to feel better about yourself so that you want to show off your new butt in a smaller pair of jeans. Not everyone is amused by this, so please plan your life accordingly.