You drag yourself into work after eating more than planned over the weekend. Monday is a new start and you promise yourself a healthy day of eating.
Moments after arriving you are barraged with mounds unhealthy eats. Muffins, bagels and pastries stare at you innocently. They want you and you want them. But not so fast!
What to Do
- Walk on by.
Caution: Do not stop to smell or gaze lovingly at even one pastry crumb.
- Pour yourself a cup of hot tea and sip it slowly.
- Take a 10 minute walk around the building or up and down the stairs.
- Stop by the bathroom and assess your body.
- Remind yourself of your good heating promise.
- Return to your desk, avoiding the baked goods.
- Wait 20 minutes and pretend you ate a muffin, bagel or pastry.
- Know you did not eat even one and feel really good about yourself.
- Tell yourself “Good job!”
When Temptation Wins
If the baked goods win your Monday morning battle to eat healthy, remember that guilt gets you nowhere. Keep moving forward. Pour yourself another cup of tea. Relax and think of ten good things. Let the guilt go and think ahead and picture eating a healthier lunch.
When temptation seeps into your brain and muscles your good intentions, ask yourself if giving in aligns with how you want to feel at the end of the day. Then do the thing you promised yourself you would do.
For fun ways to be more fit, inside and out, watch Roundlady videos at: www.youtube.com/roundlady