New on RoundTV
This is the third video in the 3 part series, A Day of Healthy Eating. This last video shows you a tasty Round dinner, Hamburger Eggplant Circles on Confetti, fit for a cold and stormy night — all while being good for you and of course made out of a variety of delicious and colorful Round foods.
Note: This dinner video was shot during my previous life, like breakfast, while lunch came from my new life, since I lost my lunch video in the move and had to re-shoot it.
Go to RoundTV to see all the entire healthy eating day and other videos.
Hamburger Eggplant Circles on Confetti
This is so simple that you barely need a recipe!
- Broil or BBQ a hamburger. One for each person
- Broil or BBQ a sliced (into circles) eggplant. Lightly brush the eggplant circles with Extra Virgin olive oil and sprinkle with your favorite spice like garlic salt or thyme. One eggplant will feed two people.
- Cut an artichoke in half and boil it for 30 minutes. 1/2 for each person.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise with 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard and a squeeze of lemon juice. 1 tablespoon for each person.
- Cut Radicchio and Napa cabbage into confetti-like strips, and mix together in a bowl. Cut as much as you like, this is great filler and you will learn to love how you can stretch out any meal with this confetti combination.
Plate Your Meal
On a plate, place a heaping handful of the confetti mixture. Top with 2 or 3 (depending on how big they are) eggplant circles, and then top that with the hamburger. Place half an artichoke on a small plate with a side of the mustard dip in a tiny dish. You may also want an empty dish for the leaves as you eat your artichoke. Serve with ice water, and add some lemon juice for extra flavor.
You will notice that the hot eggplant circles and hamburger wilt the cabbage and make it taste warm and homey. In the summertime, you can BBQ the hamburger and eggplant circles, then stack it on a bun with the cabbage mixture — and a wide smear of the mustard dip. It may seem different, but what have you got to lose trying it?