You’ve been on the Round Holiday Diet for 14 days now, so you should definitely be seeing the scale go down, your measurements shrink and those small jeans you covet that keep staring you at in the face like a tiny pair of doll clothes – might not look so doll-like anymore. By now you have imagined yourself slipping into them and know, right down to your cells, that one day you and your smaller butt will fit into them.
How’s your butt looking today
Maybe you are one of the people who just wants to lose 5 or 10 pounds and are very very close to pulling those small jean up over your thighs and hips — even zipping them to the top. If that is you, feel grateful that you don’t have to go on national television and parade your body for all to see as you half-nakedly get weighed on a gigantic scale, only to have your poundage flashed and displayed so that an people on a space station could see the numbers clearly. Either way, all is good and you are taking charge of your life — so kudos to you!
More than The Biggest Loser
You know you need to do Sweaty and shaping Roundercises every day, except for one day off a week. That is of course if you want to lose weight like they do on The Biggest Loser – even if you don’t have a 100 pounds to lose. And speaking of that show, the contestants are taught to eat Round, but they don’t know it. They don’t know that the food s that Bob and Jillian ask them to eat also happens to be Round. They could make it even easier if they knew to look for foods that naturally grew in a Round shape or can be sliced into circles form their natural Round state.
I love the show because it is more than a reality show, it is a movement to bring health and fitness to not just obese people, but to everyone who is watching. I agree that Jillian can be a bit of a yelling machine, but both her and Bob are two of the best trainers out there. They promote not just changing eating habits, but getting your body moving. The contestants work out 4 hours a day, which is something the average person does not need to do. They do, though, prove the point that to get into shape a person does need to exercise to lose a lot of pounds the fastest. In the end, they will leave the show feeling better about themselves and will have new eating habits that will last them a lifetime!
The Biggest Loser eats from the White House Garden
Ever wonder why the Obamas are so fit?
According to Michelle, the Obamas eating habits slowly changed during the campaign. She found it difficult to feed her family in a healthy way so she decided to make some simple changes like eating more fruits and vegetables, eating out less, sitting down to eat home-prepared meals, and eliminating processed foods and sugary foods. She saw saw real immediate results right away, with just those minor changes. Michelle is all about helping teach others what she learned and I am a huge fan of what she is doing!
Get up to speed with the latest news on the White House garden:
- The White House Blog: The Story of the White House Garden
Be your own biggest winner
You are on your way, you know what to eat and that you must be working out and fitting it in your day somehow — even if you do push ups and rebounding on your living room floor — or even taking soup cans and lifting them up and down — after all you are not likely to be eating the soup for a while anyway.
I jump and bounce every morning…on my rebounder, also known as a mini-trampoline — and I switch off here and there with a recumbent bike. I recommend a rebounder to anybody who is physically able to jump on one to get one and bounce and jump on it every morning. You will great all day ! And you don;t have to….
You can find ones online and they aren’t that expensive. I leave mine out in the living room, so it’s right their every morning or night when I just want to jump.
You can see a two-minute montage of the The Biggest Loser here.
Obama’s Chili–Only Rounder
1 red & 1 yellow onion
1 red & 1 green pepper
1/2 pound ground turkey
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon fresh oregano
1/2 teaspoon fresh basil
1 tablespoon chili powder
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 large tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
2 cans red kidney beans
Chop peppers, onions, and garlic and sautee in olive oil. Add ground turkey (unless you are a vegetarian) and brown. Add all spices, stir, then add red wine vinegar. Add tomatoes and let simmer for 3 minutes. Add kidney beans and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve hot with chopped onions and diced tomatoes. Store in 2 ounce containers to freeze or eat later in the week on a salad or by itself. Gobama!
White House Salad
Try this White House salad recipe, a very Round recipe, featured on last night’s Washington edition of The Biggest Loser:
- 1 head of fresh lettuce, wash, dry and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cucumber peeled, and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 fresh in season tomatoes, wash and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 red onion, peel and cut as thinly as possible
- 1 bunch fresh basil, wash and chop into big pieces
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions in large mixing bowl. In sealable container, combine oil, lemon juice, honey and salt and pepper. Cover container and shake vigorously. Add dressing to salad and serve immediately.
To be as much like the Obamas as possible, buy organic salad ingredients from your local grocery store or farmer’s market. Better yet, plant a garden so that you can pick your own salad ingredients whenever you need to. It is not only super healthy to do this, but is great for the earth, easy on your pocketbook, and will make Mother Nature proud!
Are you a chocoholic?
Being a chocoholic means you are addicted to chocolate. Chocoholism , if not maintained and contained, may result in over-consumption of chocolate, which may cause high blood-sugar levels and possibly obesity.
Not all is lost, you can eat up to 1/2 ounce of dark chocolate every day as a snack. The trick is to eat that 1/2 ounce and be happy about it. And you can also know that chocolate is a very Round food, after all it comes from the Round cocoa bean.
How to eat your chocolate
Measure ½ ounce of dark chocolate, breathe in the dark goodness, lift to your lips, stopping to allow the delicious Round cocoa bean flavor to melt in your mouth. Enjoy the chocolate and feel the love fill your body from head to toe. Notice how a little goes a long way when you savor the flavor with pure joy.
Low-Glycemic Eating Guidelines
You’ve all heard about eating foods that are low on the glycemic index, but not all of you know what that means. The glycemic index (GI) is a ranking of carbohydrate-containing foods on a scale of 0 to 100. The higher the number, the more quickly you’ll digest the food and trigger extreme fluctuations in blood sugar. So eating low-glycemic foods can help keep your body feeling stable and steady.
To eat Round and low on the glycemic index, keep these principles in mind:
- Eat plenty of fiber-rich vegetables (dark leafy greens—good; corn—not so good), beans (all of them), and fruit (apples, pears, peaches, and berries have a lower GI than tropical fruits, like papaya and mangoes).
- Eat small amounts of potatoes, as a small side dish or snack of potato circles. Sweet potatoes make are the lowest glycemic potato circles of all.
- Choose grains as whole as possible. Stone-ground whole wheat and pumpernickel are dark and grainy. Choose old-fashioned oats or cold cereals with a minimum of four grams of fiber per serving.
- Stay away from sugary beverages, and drink no more than one cup of 100 percent fruit juice daily. It is always smarter to eat the fruit and get everything and the fiber than it is to guzzle just the juice.
- Eat protein and olive at most meals and make sure some of your snacks include nuts, eggs, avocado or other natural good-for-you oils.
- Shun all saturated fats, especially trans fats that exist in a lot of packaged, not naturally grown Round foods! This is essential for anyone wanting to fit into smaller jeans.
Avoid Beige refined starchy foods
Brown and beige with a lot of refined starches, sugars and fat. In America our problem is monotonous foods that have hidden fat and sugars that you can’t stop eating. You can’t eat just one: you keep eating and eating and eating.
One-third of Americans get 47 percent of their calories from junk food. These foods taste good, so many people turn to them when they’re feeling stressed or did not plan their meals ahead of time. Eating bread and butter at a restaurant, eating French fries or downing food so fast you don’t know what you are eating adds up quickly. Once it’s in your mouth and down your gullet, you cannot deny that you ate it and either can your body.
Make sure you are:
- Continuing to eat your Round meals.Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day, every 2 to 3 hours.
- Preparing your own meals and snacks ahead of time.
- Taking snacks with you everywhere.
- Avoiding alcohol.
- Stopping eating 3 hours before heading off to sleep.
- Doing Sweaty Roundercises for a minimum of 30 minutes a day, and Shaping Roundercises 2 to 3 days a week.
- Taking time to visualize your fat cells and your body shrinking
- Writing in your Round Diet Diary and look for patterns.
- Saying affirmations throughout the day.
- Looking at the picture of your slimmer self and stay focused on your goal – a smaller butt that fits into your smaller jeans.