First, let’’s review What to eat
If you are just STARTING the DIET, go back to Day 1.
Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day, every 2 to 3 hours.
Prepare your own meals and snacks ahead of time.
Take snacks with you everywhere.
Stop eating 3 hours before heading off to sleep.
Do Sweaty Roundercises for a minimum of 30 minutes a day, and Shaping Roundercises 2 to 3 days a week.
Take time to visualize your fat cells and your body shrinking
Write in your Round Diet Diary and look for patterns.
Say affirmations throughout the day.
Look at the picture of your slimmer self and stay focused on your goal – a smaller butt that fits into your smaller jeans.
Experiment with Cooking
Try a a new recipe, either one that I suggested or find one in the Food Network’s Healthy Eating Section — then buy the ingredients and make it in bulk so you can store leftovers in containers to eat through the week.
This diet is all about changing your view of food and your relationship to it and eating as Round and nutritiously as possible in a world of confusing and enticing food choices!
It means eating healthily without being a fanatic about calories, food labels, glycemic index, sugar content, breakdown of good and bad fats, cholesterol or sodium…but you will need to know the difference between a circle and a square.
A Well-Rounded Eating Schedule
Starving yourself all day makes you fat. Your body’s job is to keep you alive, so when you starve it, your body will save your life by holding onto fat. So keep your body feeling fed by eating every 2 to 3 hours–give or take half an hour.
- Breakfast: 1 hour of waking up
- First Snack: 2 hours after breakfast
- Lunch: 2 hours after your first snack
- Second Snack: 2 hours after lunch
- Dinner: 2 hours after your second snack
- Last Snack: 1 to 2 hours after dinner–at least 3 hours before sleeping.
- Sample Day: Breakfast at 9am, first snack at 11am, lunch at 1pm, middle snack at 3pm, dinner at 5pm, last snack at 7pm, and off to bed by 10pm.
Take time each day to imagine your fat cells shrinking and picture yourself looking and feeling strong, successful, lean and fit–and focus on your imagery throughout the day, especially when you find yourself turning to food for emotional reasons.
Shrink Your Fat Cells
Imagine your fat cells as over-filled balloons that you can shrink by letting out the air. Each day that you eat Round, you are letting air out of each fat cell in your body. Picture air seeping out of your fat cells as you exercise–inhale health and fitness, exhale unwanted fat. See your fat cells as helpless, weak, greedy creatures that you can easily control.
To lose weight and feel the joy of being strong, you must diet and exercise! Start with walking, climbing stairs, doing pushups, or taking a trip to the gym.
At first, exercise can make you hungry, so start slowly and you will see yourself transform into a strong person, inside and out. Start with a 15 minute walk, then add 5 minutes a day until you can enjoy a brisk walk for 30 minutes, 5 days a week.
If you are eating two hours apart, you will stop feeling insanely hungry as you feel the joy of keeping your body continuously fed.
Lean on a Diet Buddy
If you are dieting by yourself, consider finding a diet buddy for support so you don’t feel alone in your quest to be the slim and fit person you want to be. If you already have a diet buddy, send them an email, text, tweet or call them to see how they are doing. plan to meet to go food shopping or out to a restaurant to practice choosing the Roundest foods on the menu.
Remember Your Ultimate Goal
Although your goal is to lose a certain amount of weight, remember that your ultimate goal is to keep the weight off and instill a new way of seeing and eating food. Enjoy the journey as you change your relationship with food to one that serves your interest to be strong, lean, fit and happy. Then take a moment to picture your smaller butt in your goal jeans as you rejoice.
Enjoy Each Bite
You are likely noticing that you are eating less food, which may enhance the urge to wolf meals down in seconds. That means it’s time to slow down your eating and take at least 20 minutes to eat so that your brain has time to tell your body that you ate and are nutritionally satisfied.
Trick Your Body
At some point your body will wonder why it is not getting the abundance of food it has grown accustomed to, and might even try to entice you with a favorite unRound food. To stay in charge, confuse your body like I did as as a bodybuilder by going off your diet for one meal during the week.
Should you decide to enjoy this offer, know that this meal cannot be bigger than your fist, cannot come out of a box, or be fast or fried food. In addition you must avoid butter, lard, anything white and creamy, and all sugary baked goods.
Now for something Round like Sushi
Sushi and seafood, in general, may be one of the best sources of nutrition available to us. Packed with protein, dense with nutrients, and often low in fat, sushi is an excellent way to enjoy a meal on the Round Diet.
Round Diet No-No Reminder
- Diet pills & appetite suppressants: Toss these anti-magic pills into the trash and never consider them again. They do not work long term and are bad for your vital organs.
- Food in a box: Never eat food that came in a box. It contains food-like substances that do not grow on a tree, vine, or in the ground and may not actually be food at all.
- White food: Do not eat white food, such as dairy, flour and sugar, with the exception of small amounts of Extra Round plain yogurt.
- Alcohol: Avoid adult beverages, except for a glass of wine on a special occasion.
- Mystery foods: If you do not know how a food was prepared, do not eat it.
- Eating fast: Never chow down in less than 20 minutes. It takes that long for your brain to tell your body that you ate and feel satiated.
- Organize anything in your life that need organizing..
- Take a bubble bath and stretching for 15 minutes.
- Write in your diary, stay focused and prepare for tomorrow.